I’ve already walked down and gotten a chest x-Ray. Yes walked… Yesterday they wheeled me down and the day before, the came to me – so I’m making progress.
Just sitting here drinking an ensure, waiting for the kitchen to open (I’ll probably order a ham & cheese omelette), checking the results of the Mariners game. Seems fitting, last night they had their biggest come back in club history. Tonight the M’s play here – maybe I’ll watch some of the game.
Thanks for the continued prayers. I’ve been feeling better and walking more each day.
We got a nice little FaceTime in with Z late today. It was great to see him having good time, pretty unflustered by mommy in a hospital bed.
Things are going well and I’m working hard to get out of here soon. On that note – I’m signing off to get some rest.
Making a little more progress.
I was able to do a little walking and finally am getting a chance to enjoy a little food.
It’s really nice to be not feeling the affects of a migraine, which really slowed me down yesterday.
Thanks for all the continued prayers. We have. Few more goals to hit and then we can start looking at discharge.
I’m a little pale, but then again, my makup foundation is called “translucent” 😉
Headed to the hospital now. Surgery is on as far as we know – but we haven’t checked in yet. 🙂
Just a reminder, the plan is for Elizabeth to update this for me then next day or so.
Thanks for praying!
We had a wonderful few days – lots of playing and laughing.
We watched the Indy500. (We randomly picked cars to root for at the beginning. Z’s crashed. Mine got 2nd place.)
JJ and I even snuck in a spontaneous date last night.
Today we went up to my brother’s house for a BBQ and left the boys there.
Carrying all 56 pounds of my boys. Z is saying “cookieeeeeeee.”
Surgery is bright and early tomorrow. 6am.
I can’t eat after midnight so… I’m off to have a snack.
The last three days have not gone at all, as expected.
It’s been stressful because, heart surgery aside, I’m a planner. I like to make lists, complete tasks, check things off, and move on to the next thing. When a plan changes, it’s stressful to me. When stress happens, or more accurately, once the stress factors start to end, I get migraines. (One of my other big migraine triggers is weather change. Have you seen the weather forecast for the next 2 days!?!)
I’m so thankful that we got the green light for me to take my migraine medicine in the next few days, as needed.
All of this back and forth is great in reminding me that God is in control. And that I’m so glad us humans are not!
Other than that, Little E started figuring out how to clap in the 24 hours he was gone. I LOVE seeing him proudly show off his new skill.
Filed under baby, cardiology
Tuesday, May 31st, 6am.
As long as no one else more urgent pops up.
We are picking up our boys now so… I guess they got a “trial run” for next week.
We are still waiting to hear about when my new surgery date will be.
Part of the wait is they need the surgeon’s input and She is busy right now 😉
We were about 20 minutes from walking out the door and got a call, Surgery Postponed.
Someone needs a transplant.
So here I sit, drinking a coffee I’m not supposed to have, being thankful that I’m going to have heart surgery soon(ish), in part to avoid congestive heart failure and NOT end up on the transplant list. I can’t imagine the emotional roller coaster involved in transplants.
Also, I guess this is what happens when one has the best doctors. 🙂
This is all I know. We hope find out more regarding a rescheduled time and then go from there regarding picking up my boys (or not).
Thanks for the continued prayers!
God is Good.
Pre-op went well, so we are a go for tomorrow (unless someone needs a transplant or the ICU is full), for 10 am.
We just dropped off the boys. E could not care less. Z is torn between “I’ll miss you.” and “Hooray, I get to play with cousins!”
Just a few “house keeping” notes.
*The next day or so my sister-in-law, Elizabeth, will be updating the blog.
*When I’m out of surgery, the first 24-36 hours I will be in ICU. No visitors at that time.
*Once I’m out of ICU, please contact JJ directly before heading to the hospital to visit.
*They estimate a 3-6 day stay. Shockingly, it’s possible this will be a shorter stay than either of my two c-sections.